Google Mobile Sites Certification Questions and Answers
A few days ago I’ve cleared Google Mobile Sites Exams and get certified from Google. Here I’ve listed a few Google mobile sites exam question with answer mark by bold, which asked by Google. Every month’s Google changes their questions pattern so this is not fixed this question repeat again. Sometimes few questions are repeated but not all questions are same. So before attending exam prepared well with all concepts. Here I have added question which helps you to get certified in Google mobile sites certification exam.
Google mobile sites certification question & answers
Before the browser can render the page, it needs to construct the:
- Pixel pipeline
- DOM and CSSOM trees
- UX trees
AMP ______ the page ______ waiting for resources to download:
- indexes; while
- caches; before
- lays out; without
- displays; after
According to a Google poll, what is the top frustration when users browse the web on their mobile device?
- Not knowing where to click
- Waiting for slow pages to load
- Being shown interstitials
- Watching a video
What does “Variant A” in A/B Testing usually represent?
- Test version of the web page that is modified from the original
- Original version of the web page
Before introducing mobile site design best practices to your clients, you should examine their.
- existing mobile sites
- page speed scores
- design process
- staffing and budget
How can you make the job a lot simpler for the browser?
- Follow the style guide
- Add more parents
- Change the selector to a class
- Create more complex CSS
Currently, Google Optimize does NOT currently allow you to:
- test new website designs, layouts and content with a subset of your visitors
- serve experiments to specific groups of users that you’ve defined as Audiences in Google Analytics
- do heatmap analysis to better understand to user behaviour on your site
- use your existing goals and metrics in Google Analytics as experiment objectives
Which of the following describes the Payment Request API correctly?
- It is designed for external card readers
- It requires a phone with a fingerprint reader
- It bypasses the checkout form
- It replaces your payment processor
Which is NOT true about Responsive Sites?
- Responsive Sites are easier to maintain
- Responsive Sites are cost-effective
- Responsive Sites usually have faster load times vs Separate (m.dot) Sites
- Responsive Sites have one codebase, deployment and URL
Which of the following reports in Google Analytics helps you to identify leakages from the conversion funnel?
- Product Performance Report
- Checkout Behavior Analysis Report
- Device Usage Report
- Top Landing Pages Report
When using Chrome devtools, what should you limit the connectivity to?
- Regular 2G
- Regular 3G
- Regular 4G
- No Throttling
When referring to the critical rendering path in site performance, a critical resource is:
- any resource that returns 404
- a resource that could block initial display of the page
- any resource that must be loaded
- a resource that takes more than 500ms to load
Which is true about calls-to-action usage on mobile homepages?
- Same calls-to-action should be used both on mobile and desktop sites
- Use only menus
- Keep call to action on the second page
- Calls-to-action should be prominent on the visible area of the mobile homepage
The render tree contains:
- visible content
- content of the page
- the DOM
- the styles of the page
Research shows that mobile users expect to:
- tap the logo at the top of a mobile page to take them back to the homepage
- tap the logo at the top of a mobile page to take them to a “Contact Us” page
- see the logo below the fold on mobile sites
- tap the logo at the top of a mobile page to take them to new products
In the layout step, the browser:
- first resizes elements before computing their position
- computes the size and position of render tree elements
- displays the on-screen elements in their new positions
- forces the DOM to be rebuilt
Which components often account for most of the downloaded bytes on a web page?
True or false: Images should never change when rotating a device screen or between different device sizes
At a minimum, what Speed Index score should you be aiming for?
- Less than 5000
- Greater than 95%
- Within 10% of similar sites
- Greater than 5000
How does AMP work?
- Keeps all third party Java script out of the cirtical path
- Doesn’t let extension mechanisms block rendering
- Allows only asynchronous scripts
- All of the above
Which of the following statements is true about the mobile experience of users?
- It’s important to show as much information as possible on the visible part of a mobile site
- Users are willing to accept longer load times for high-resolution images
- It’s important to show a prominent “full site” label on a mobile site
- It’s important to use call-to-action buttons to keep users in the same browser window
Which format is preferred for the multi-device and high-resolution icons?
- Vector (SVG)
- Data URLs
Which of these are NOT part of AMP
- AMP HTML
- Inline CSS
- Custom fonts
What makes a notification good?
- It is relevant
- It delivers in the background
- It can be dismissed
- It has a default action
What performance metrics are affected by slow pagespeed?
- Viewthrough rate
- Conversion rate
- Clickthrough rate
What’s the fastest and best-optimized resource?
- An image
- The one not sent
- Web fonts
True or false: To instruct the browser to use the default device width, you would use [meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width”].
True or false: Mobile pages that load 1s faster see up to a 27% increase in CvR.
What is a benefit of mobile site over an app for businesses?
- Shorter development timelines. Mobile sites allow for easy updating (for example, users don’t need to accept or install your updates.)
- You have to build a separate site for tablets and phones
- Mobile sites require approvals before one can gain access
- Mobile sites only work on Android
Why are push notifications important for advertisers?
- They deliver timely updates to users
- They give users the opportunity to re-engage with content they are interested in
- The information they deliver can be acted on immediately
- All of the answer options are correct
Which can be sacrificed to reduce the file size of an image?
- rendering speed
- color range
A Progressive Web App:
- works even with unreliable network through service worker
- slows experience and therefore decreases advertisers conversion rate
- needs high bandwidth environments
- is the same as Accelerated Mobile Page
Why do CSS @imports harm performance?
- They can introduce unwanted dependencies
- They create a less efficient CSSOM
- @import loads files less efficiently than
- They require additional CPU time to parse
True or false: A/B testing allows you to test two or more elements on the site to understand their effects on each other
Some users are not comfortable converting on their mobile device. What could be an action you can take to improve their experience?
- Making your primary call-to-action buttons more prominent
- Showing the desktop version of the site on mobile devices
- Offering secondary call-to-action buttons, like social sharing
- Asking the user to register to save their details
Which of the following is NOT a best practice to optimize forms on mobile?
- Exposing options instead of using a drop-down menu
- Using a real-time validation for errors in forms
- Showing labels inside form fields for convenience
- Offering users a numerical keyboard for telephone number field
Resources with responses that are ______ for all users are great candidates to be cached by a CDN.
To discover and prioritize landing pages for potential improvements to the user design, you shold chek the:
- Exit Pages Report focusing on Page Views metric
- All Pages Report focusing on Unique Page Views metric
- All Pages Report focusing on Average Time on Page metric
- Landing Pages Report focusing on Bounce Rate metric
How do you prioritize optimization of the mobile site for browser versions or screen resolutions:
- Optimize all at the same time
- Look for the oldest version of your site
- Look for the highest number of sessions and lowest conversion rates (or highest bounce rates)
- Prioritize the site with the highest conversion rates
To deliver the fastest possible time to first render, you should minimize the number of:
- CSS classes
- critical resources
- critical HTML classes
Which describes how a Service Worker operates?
- It runs a programmable network proxy
- It doesn’t handle network requests coming from the navigation on the website
- It can be used only when the user is browsing the website
- None of these answer options describe a Service Worker
At a minimum, what page weight should you be aiming for?
- More than 3MB
- Less than 1MB
How many times per second do most devices refresh their screens?
Which of the following is NOT true about site search experience on mobile sites?
- Users rely on filters to narrow down search results
- Comprehensive search results are better than concise results
- Smart-search features like auto-complete and corrected misspelling are especially important to have on small screens
- Positioning site search at the top of a mobile page with an open-text search box is a best practice
Which changes to “geometric properties” affect the layout?
- All of the above
What is a tool that you can use to emulate and simulate a site that’s experiencing poor or unreliable connectivity?
Which is an example of a situation when an unnecessary resource negatively impacts the user experience.
- Optimized images
- Lazy loading
- One web font
- A photo carousel on the homepage that allows the visitor to preview multiple photos with a quick click
Which allows for efficient font reuse between pages?
- The local() directive
- The font matching algorithm
- Revalidation token
- WOFF2 fonts
The first step to optimize the critical rendering path is:
- analyze and characterize your critical path: number of resources, bytes, length.
- optimize the number of critical bytes to reduce the download time (number of roundtrips)
- minimize number of critical resources: eliminate them, defer their download, mark them as async, and so on
- optimize the order in which the remaining critical resources are loaded: download all critical assets as early as possible to shorten the critical path length.
Why did Facebook create “2G Tuesdays”?
- To understand how people on 2G use their product
- To run a random experiment
- Most users are on 2G
- Facebook didn’t create “2G Tuesdays”
Which of the following describes an App shell?
- It comprises of all page elements which are dependant of the specific page contents
- It discourages caching of content that overlaps across pages of the website
- It provides a fast first impression gracefully transitioning to a fully loaded page
For each font on your website you should:
- Minimize the HTML
- Make sure to add as many as possible
- Add CSS
- Minimize the number of used variants.
Mobile sites are:
- accessed through the desktop device’s web browser
- have specific functionality for mobile devices
- need to be downloaded or installed to a device
- require approvals to access
Which of these features is part of a Progressive Web App?
- UX API
- Location API
- Call API
- Add to home screen
Which of the following is NOT a best practice for a financial company to keep users from dropping out of the funnel?
- Using click-to-call buttons for complicated forms or complex tasks
- Letting users convert as a guest
- Asking for registration to use the site
- Remembering and prefilling preferences of registered users in forms
In which of the following situations can a high bounce rate be interpreted as a good metric?
- Campaign landing page brings the user to the first step of a 3-step lead generation form
- Campaign landing page brings the user to the product detail page
- Campaign landing page brings the user to a page where the company promotes their phone number to receive calls
Which most accurately describes the purpose of compression?
- Minimizing file size
- Making the code faster
- Combining files
- Fitting more into the cache
True or false: Using a mix of desktop and mobile-optimized pages on mobile sites improves the user experience since some users are more familiar with the desktop version of the site.
Keeping CSS independent of HTML allows us to treat_______and _______as separate concerns.
- analytics; optimization
- images; articles
- content; design
- user experience; speed
What is a valid event for a Service Worker to emit when it’s registered?
Study here for getting certified in mobile sites Get certified in mobile sites courses